Our office will be re-opening May 27th for emergency adjustment appointments only. The doctors are also available via phone or email is needed. Please click here for our new COVID-19 Protocols.
Dear Patients and Families,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. Our office follows recommendations and guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their families.
As per NY State guidelines, we will begin seeing emergency adjustment patients only (patients in braces or aligners who are in discomfort) on May 27th. Unfortunately, orthodontic practices are not allowed to remove or place any new appliances at this time, nor can we see patients for consultations. If you do wish to speak the doctor, he or she is available via email, phone, or video chat. Our office will keep you informed of when these restrictions will be lifted.
During the past few week we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
1) Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed to you. This questionnaire must be completed before your arrival to the office (please either email is back or bring it with you before every appointment). We will postpone treatment for any patient that has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath and fatigue.
2) We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments. Unfortunately, that will mean less people in the office at one time which may make scheduling more difficult. Upon arrival at our office building, you will be greeted outside by a staff member who will collect your COVID questionnaire. You may need to wait outside for a few minutes until our waiting room is clear.
3) We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients that need a guardian to accompany them, we ask to limit it to a single family member. Every person entering the office is expected to be wearing a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry. Please do not remove your face covering unless instructed to do so by a staff member. Every person who enters the office must have a completed COVID-19 questionnaire in our records. If we have not received it you will need to fill one out outside. We will confirm no fever with a contactless thermometer upon arrival.
4) Our waiting room will no longer offer brochures or magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
5)A clear plexiglass screen (sneeze guard) has been installed at the front desk to minimize exposure to air-borne pathogens.
6)Medical-grade HEPA Air Purifiers have been purchased and will be installed in the office to help improve the air quality within the office for all the patients, families and staff.
7) The doctors and staff will be wearing the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE). The following PPE will be worn by our staff at all times: KN95 masks during aerosol generating procedures, level 3 surgical masks, face shields, disposable gowns, gloves, hairnets and booties.
8) External Oral Aerosol Suction Units were ordered and will be used during braces and attachments removal procedures to minimize aerosols produced by the use of the high speed handpiece.
9) Patients will be asked to rinse with Peroxyl (1.5% peroxide solution) prior to appointment. We are temporarily suspending in office brushing/flossing option to minimize the spread of the virus (please brush at home prior to the visit). We will also be asking that patients use our restroom for emergencies only, as regular use will require constant cleaning.
We look forward to seeing you in our office and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep our community safe. Please call 718-850-5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are ready to schedule an emergency adjustment appointment. Thank you for your patience - we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office to continue your treatment.
Thank you for being part of our Woodhaven Braces family. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.